Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hello 3 AM, I hate meeting like this........


Well, it looks like the last time we went through this together was on May 1st(my post from that long night). Not sure why I am pie eyed and wound up. Must be contagious however, I can hear the dogs barking in the basement. As with previous bouts of insomnia, I try to envision a peaceful place. Tonight it is on the Farm for a long walk. I am always amazed at how what seem to be such small concerns during the day can become down right mountainous in the cool of the night. These worries act like a small splinter in my thumb that is barely even noticed until after midnight when it begins to throb as if there had been a nail driven into it. Graphic, but accurate.

2 comments:

sarahsouth said...

putting worry dolls under your pillow helps. really. i've been doing it on/off of over 20 years!
hang in there.

jonlowder said...

For me it seems to have become more common since I entered my post-young era AKA middle age. Just had a 3 a.m. eyes pop open episode two nights ago, but the silver lining was I slept like a baby last night.