Monday, February 9, 2009

I let the moonshine park the car and I am not sure where he left it.


Probably long before we had to concern ourselves with such annoyances like the open container laws or figure out what BAC stood for or even raising the drinking age to 21 in order to get additional highway funds from the fed, we were allowing John Barleycorn to be our valet. I wonder if the driver possibly muttered the comment to his imaginary passenger: "I'm too loaded, here, you take the wheel" before careening off the road at breakneck speed. Assuming he had made it home, he fell out of the car, stumbled back to the road and simply found himself at home the next morning with no clue as to the whereabouts of his car.

5 comments:

Yarddawg said...

I hate to burst your bubble but the car was likely towed or pushed there by a tractor.

4thBG said...

Yarddawg - Where is the humor in that? I bet the old mason jar is still on the floor of the front seat.

Yarddawg said...

I have a couple of mason jars full of the real (130 proof) nectar of the Gods from a Surry County purveyor in my basement. Warms you up from the inside out on a cold, wet day. Best sipped communally right from the jar. Germs can not survive in this stuff.

It will also make you SEE double and FEEL single. Not recommended for daily use of you know what I mean.

4thBG said...

I always liked the comment from a restaurant down in Merritt Island Fla. called Jungle Jim's - they had a proprietary drink named for the place that tasted something like swamp water but as they said "after three, you become invisible."

Yarddawg said...

Kinda like the old saying about martinis. Two are not enough, three are way too many.