Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bethania, NC Settled 1759



Do you remember my post "Local History Mystery" about Nathaniel and Aggee Brooks Lash? Well the answer is that the Lash family settled in Bethania from Berks County Pennsylvania. Thanks to Bev H. for solving the mystery and inviting me to be part of her research into Bethania. Below is a link to a slide show of some of my pictures, set to music, from that day. You will have to wait until Bev's book comes out to get the details on the where, what and who. What I will say is that the tobacco barn is on what was the old Conrad plantation as are the collapsing slave quarters. This was a moving experience and I am really looking forward to the book.

THE BOOK HAS BEEN PUBLISHED! CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS!
Bethania slide show (music by The Boys Choir of Harlem)

No comments: