Saturday, January 10, 2009

Local History Mystery: Who was Aggee Lash (Brooks)? Bethania or Bethabara settlers?




This is from a small cemetery that is on th back side of the family farm. As a kid I was always a little spooked by it, now I am just curious given that the dates correspond to the time when Salem was in full stride and Winston had yet to be conceived of. There was a marker placed by some of the Reynolds family, but their connection to the Lash/Brooks family remains unclear to me. Also note that if you look at the picture of the cemetery closely, you will see simple unmarked head stones and foot stones indicating maybe even older graves. I hope that the developers choose to leave it alone. If any of you know anything about the Lash/Brooks family from the late 18th/early 19th Century around here, I'd love to know.

No comments: