Sunday, May 3, 2009
Digging in the dirt part duex
OK, installation is done per my previous post, although I have a bit of real estate left. I am thinking that I may go heavy on the flowers with the left over space. So far we have used about 50 bags of mulch and will use the remaining 20 when everything has grown up enough to cover the base of each. Just an FYI, I discovered that you can actually put 50 bags of mulch into a Suburban with the third row out. If you are wondering about the photo with what look like green berries, that is actually a pear tree - a great distraction for the deer - they prefer pears to everything else we are growing.
I should mention that after having been at it for about 7 hours today - I should sleep well.
***Update - my friend Lucy has offered to pawn off some strawberry plants that have overtaken her garden to fill in my left over areas. This is a really nice gesture as these were originally my Grandmother's gardens and she planted a TON of strawberries. So, thanks Lucy, nostalgia is where I live.****