Friday, December 19, 2008

Not exactly Ansel Adams


This is Stone Mountain NC. The family and I went for a great day of hiking last summer and there was plenty for a photographic hack such as myself to take pictures of. Its really amazing because it is clear that the soil simply slid off the mountainside to create a large meadow below. The remaining vegetation has to find small cracks and ledges to support itself. I thought there was something rather defiant about this little tree to choose this particular perch to call home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! BO!! this is amazing! I love it!
May I also say that this is the FIRST photo of Stone Mountain that has made me stop and look!

4thBG said...

Thanks. I want to go back and spend more time and explore more trails with the camera.