Tuesday, December 9, 2008

OK I am really a shallow person





Here is my secret love. Her name is Gertie, she is a 1972 BMW 3.0 CS that is presently 23 months into a year long restoration (aka Pandora's box). I was able to visit her recently and was pleasantly surprised to find that she was back together and has had her new heart implanted (a modified 3.5 for those that care) and the new transmission. You can see what she looked like before the surgery began and shots from her recent and current status. I am excited and with any luck, she'll be home this summer.

4 comments:

Patti Auburn said...

What a lovely secret love...

4thBG said...

Thanks, I am really looking forward to the completion of the work.

jt said...

Beautiful car and I really love the color. Why is it that restorations are usually two to three times worse than what's budgeted (price and time)?

4thBG said...

JT - They should call restoration simply "pandorating". Lots of rot, unavailable parts, fabrication, etc. That car could have gone to Harvard by now.